{Thermomix Thursday} Coconut Butter Cake

“Cakes are so easy to make in the Thermomix, especially this one. Make caster sugar from raw sugar in seconds, whack everything in as listed and bang it in a tin bound for the oven.”

Recipes | September 6, 2012
{Thermomix Thursday} Coconut Butter Cake

{Thermomix Thursday} Coconut Butter Cake

The coconut gives it a lovely flavour, and served with lemon custard made in the Thermomix would be the ideal treat! Or fresh out of the oven with a scoop of ice-cream, you really can’t go wrong!

Best Coconut Butter Cake

Everyday Cookbook

• 300g sugar
  • 250g butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 250g self raising flour
  • Juice of ½ lemon or orange
  • 70g desiccated coconut or freshly grated coconut
  • 50g milk
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm cake tin with baking paper.
  2. Place sugar in the bowl and make caster sugar by milling it for 3-4 seconds  on speed 10.
  3. Add butter and mix for 30 seconds  on speed 5.
  4. Add one egg at a time and combine for a few seconds on speed 4-5.
  5. Add flour and juice and mix for 20 seconds  on speed 5.
  6. Add coconut and milk and mix for 20 seconds  on speed 5.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes.

{Thermomix Thursday} Coconut Butter Cake

Comments

9 comments on “{Thermomix Thursday} Coconut Butter Cake
  1. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - September 6, 2012 at 9:37 am

Wow that really is very easy!!! LOL even easier than using the kitchen aid hehe :)

2. Tina @ bitemeshowme - September 6, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Can’t believe its that easy. You’re really tempting me to get a thermomix shellie!!

3. Kristy @ Southern In-Law - September 6, 2012 at 7:42 pm

This looks SO good! I need a thermomix, waaaaaa!

4. Winnie @ Eat.Play.Shop. - September 7, 2012 at 12:09 am

I love making cakes in the thermomix, it’s just so easy to make and clean up! OOh, this reminds me I need to organise a varoma party this month to get a second bowl and blade half price!

5. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef - September 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I must confess that I have never made a cake in my Thermomix. Not one. I think I should be scolded. I always look at it and think, “I’ll overbeat and it will be tough” and then go to the kitchenaid. I will try to mend my ways. This looks really good.

6. Libby @ theveryveryhungrycaterpillar.com - September 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Haha this is another reason for me to buy a Thermomix… love, love, LOVE coconut.

7. Sammie - September 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I also made this cake in my thermie and everyone was coco-nuts about it! Cakes in the thermie are fluffy fantastic and this is definitely my favourite so far! I’m loving all your thermie recipes – keep them coming!

8. Philio Hermann - June 24, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Hello! I love your recipe. I can’t wait to try it. I have only one question. I’m a bit confused regarding steps 3 and 4. Is it butter again or should it b another ingredient? Thank you for your time :-)