{Thermomix Thursday} Homemade Hand Cream

“Thermomix isn't just for making food. You can use it to make body and cleaning products too! I've made some hand cream for Christmas gifts.”

Recipes | August 2, 2012

{Thermomix Thursday} Homemade Hand Cream

Forgive me for this non-food post on my food blog.

I was excited to find out you can make your own bath and body products in this wonder machine. So, for Christmas last year, some lucky people got a little pot of hand cream from yours truly. And they will probably get another one this year since I have lots of “ingredients” leftover.

It’s a very simple recipe, I had lots of fun making my own little packaging and seeing the smiles on people’s faces when recieving something I had made … that wasn’t food 😛

You can find this recipe, and others at the back of the Vegetarian Cookbook.

And to source the ingredients, I went to Auroma.

Comments

24 comments on “{Thermomix Thursday} Homemade Hand Cream
  1. CheezyK - August 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

That is awesome! I love the idea of knowing exactly what’s gone into the hand cream, some of the stuff on the shelves is pretty scary. Plus, it’s such a beautiful personal present.

2. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - August 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

OMG OMG OMG these look so prefessional and you even have your own sticker! WOW! You can totally sell these Shellie 😉 I’ll buy it for SURE!

3. Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef - August 2, 2012 at 11:44 am

I have so many Thermomix cookbooks but not this one. They were out at the cooking class and I never ordered it. I will now!

4. April - August 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm

That is so cool!! I love how pretty the jars are and your professional labels!

5. Nic@diningwithastud - August 3, 2012 at 11:05 am

FAB 😀 I love that you know what goes in to it too and that its not been tested on animals! What a great idea

6. ThermoMiss - August 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

Oooh, so pretty! Well done Shellie, the packaging looks gorgeous – but no doubt the cream is even better. I haven’t tried any creams yet.
    W

7. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - August 3, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Packaging is stunning. I would of never thought of making hand cream in a thermomix!

8. Tina @ bitemeshowme - August 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Wow, so that’s how hand cream is made. I am very impressed, Shellie :) Love how you packaged them up. Adorable.

9. Jenna - August 3, 2012 at 11:38 pm

As a recipient of one of these lovely hand creams for Christmas last year, I can certainly attest that they are amazing! The lemony smell is heaven.

10. Shannon (Healthiful Balance) - August 4, 2012 at 1:22 am

Homemade hand cream? That is so awesome!

11. Adrian (Food Rehab) - August 5, 2012 at 10:23 pm

This is just ace…totally lurve your labels too.

12. Thanh - August 6, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Looks great. You can post whatever you want on your blog.

13. Christina @ The Hungry Australian - August 8, 2012 at 2:46 pm

What a great idea! I love home made presents and I can always do with hand cream. Sweet packaging, too

14. Tracey - August 16, 2012 at 1:55 pm

These look beautiful. Now I know what I will be making for gifts for this Xmas. Just ordered the Vegetarian book now!

15. Fu pin - February 11, 2014 at 6:29 am

Like the look of your hand cream. Packaging is so adorable would like to know the recipe . It’s it from the thermomix vegetarian
    Cookbook?

16. Fu pin - February 11, 2014 at 6:38 am

Absolutely adorable would like to make some as gifts . Hand cream are great present. It’s the recipe from thermomix cook book?
    Thanks

17. Valeria - March 17, 2014 at 12:04 am

Shelly where can I find the hand cream recipe ?
    Super pro!
    Thanks

18. Thermoinspired - August 13, 2014 at 12:51 am

I am in the UK and I do not know if that book… Where can I find the recipe?

19. Dianne Maytom - August 20, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Shelly your hand cream looks great, your packaging is so professional. I tried to make this hand cream but I had trouble with it setting, also there were bits of the coconut flesh not blended through. Did you have any problems? Any tips please. Thank you Dianne

20. Nay - November 21, 2014 at 9:09 pm

which Vegetarian Cookbook is it? Do you have the ISBN? I have googled, but there is a few and I’m not sure which one it is! I am looking for thermomix recipes for home-made creams etc so any suggested books/websites would be greatly appreciated!

21. Hayley - December 16, 2014 at 7:20 am

Hi. I made these for my daughters day care teachers, but it wasn’t til I was cleaning up I realized there was no instruction for adding the vitamin e (and hence I didnt..) Can you tell me when you added it? Thanks!