{Thermomix Thursday} Muesli Bars

“Another recipe from Dani Valent's, In The Mix cookbook, and a healthy snack to keep you going.”

Recipes | July 12, 2012
{Thermomix Thursday} Muesli Bars

{Thermomix Thursday} Muesli Bars

Another recipe from the In The Mix cookbook, and a healthy snack to keep you going.

This one involves Wheat Bix, a product I’ve never actually bought before believe it or not. Growing up I was a Nutella on toast, peanut butter on toast with sugar, Coco Pops, Nutrigrain or Cornflakes with sugar and milk kinda person. Wheat Bix didn’t appeal, and thus I never asked Mum to buy them for me.

With the spice of cinnamon and the sweetness of honey, this was a delicious treat, and I shared it around the office and it was well received.

I won’t be posting the recipe as I will probably end up typing up the whole In The Mix cookbook by the end of the year! So you can either purchase the book or look for alternative recipes on the Recipe Community website: www.recipecommunity.com.au

In other news, Mum and Dad went to the first Vorwerk retail store in Hamburg and picked up a mini Thermomix!! It’s enough to mix up a drink, and comes with all the little attachements. Too cute!!

{Thermomix Thursday} Muesli Bars

Comments

13 comments on “{Thermomix Thursday} Muesli Bars
  1. Tina @ bitemeshowme - July 12, 2012 at 9:41 am

I’ve never attempted to make my own muesli bars.. I eat it so much that it might even be worth while to make! Aww look at the mini thermomix.. so cute!

2. Sarah - July 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Aaah! The mini thermomix is SO CUTE!! Did you name it? :)

3. Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef - July 12, 2012 at 1:51 pm

A mini thermomix??? Oh I want one. I’m still waiting for my 2nd jug to arrive. I keep looking longingly at the front door but the doorbell hasn’t rung yet.

I love the Thermomix Thursday idea – you are such a clever one! Someone at a dinner party I went to suggested that I do just that and I looked it up and there you were. Definitely yours. :)

I love In the Mix. I have one downstairs and one by the bed (for emergencies, you just never know when you need inspiration)

Delicious muesli bars!

4. Kristy @ Southern In-Law - July 12, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Ooh these look good! My mum is a weetbix addict (she eats them every single day for breakfast – except weekends – and she’s done it for as long as I’ve known).

I love the mini thermomix!

5. Hannah - July 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Weetbix sandwiches are the best! Split one in half, spread with butter and vegemite, eat. Or, for breakfast, half a centimetre of brown sugar on top and then a little milk.

Love the mini Thermomix.

6. Michelle - July 12, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I love weet bix and had lots of it while i was staying in my hostel. People would just eew at my direction because they said i was eating cardboard.

7. Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake - July 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm

OMG that is the CUTEST thing ever! Especially when it’s next to its big sibling. 😛 Makes me want to get one! Of each! 😀

8. Jennifer (Delicieux) - July 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

Awww all of these Thermomix posts are SO making me wish I had one. I love the mini Thermomix, so cute!

9. Marta @ What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today? - July 13, 2012 at 8:34 pm

This machines look so professional. And I really like the bars. it’s perfect as a second breakfast and so delicious as well.

10. Jackie B - July 14, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Oh how cute, there’s a Mama Thermomix and a Baby thermomix too 😉 It is very cute I like it!

11. April - July 15, 2012 at 9:27 pm

The mini thermomix is so cute!! It’s almost like a kid version! I should start making my own muesli bars so I can control the amount of sugar. The store bought ones are quite sweet.

12. Thermomix Today - July 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm

It’s great that there are Thermomix recipes all over the internet and even books that can be bought. That’s one of the first things I did before buying a Thermomix, I checked out some of the things you can make with the machine and I wasn’t disappointed.

13. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - July 31, 2012 at 8:40 am

I never really liked Weetbix-unless it was coated in peanut butter and honey! Great recipe Shellie, it doesn’t look Weetbix was used at all! :)