Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio Afternoon Tea

“One of my favourite places to dine, The Langham hotel in Melbourne, has collaborated with renowned dessert chef Darren Purchese of Burch & Purchese (Chapel St, South Yarra); to create three amazing afternoon teas that will be available at the ARIA Bar and Lounge. Whilst you can purchase a whole range on impossible to imagine sweets from...”

Dining | March 12, 2012
Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio Afternoon Tea

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio Afternoon Tea

Whilst you can purchase a whole range on impossible to imagine sweets from the B & P Sweet Studio, there isn’t actually an area to sit and enjoy them. The Langham is giving diners the chance to do just that, along with their standard high tea set of delicious ribbon sandwiches and freshly baked scones.

Agnes and I were luckily enough to be invited to a media sneaky peaky for the event. We worked as a team and tried one of everything …. for research of course 😉 I would say it’s all good! But we were grateful for the savoury sandwiches to help break up all the sweetness.

Explosive Raspberry Marshmallow – Raspberry marshmallow with a soft set raspberry centre sitting on a base of milk chocolate and pop rocks. Burch & Purchese Mini Meringue Clouds – Gorgeous chewy meringue clouds flavoured with freeze dried passionfruit, strawberry or blackberry. Banana, Passionfruit, Caramelised White Choc and Chocolate, Mandarin, Salted Caramel, originally created for Nigella Lawson.

This was one of the weirder flavour combinations, but worked perfectly well…. even for someone who isn’t that keen on cucumber.

Darren Purchese is well known for striking desserts with unexpected flavour combinations. Darren has worked across England and France, honing his patisseries skills at the five-star Savoy, Goring, Raffles Browns and Bentley Hotels in London. He has also worked for Vue de Monde, Fenix, The Press Club and Bennelong restaurant at Sydney’s Opera House. He has twice been a finalist in the UK National Dessert of the Year competition, and has created desserts for a huge range of events, including the Royal Family. If he can’t impress you, then no one can!

Available for a limited time, book now to experience this amazing high tea experience at The Langham, Melbourne

Friday 20th April, Friday 4th May and Friday 1st June 2012

10:30am – 4pm

$69 per person

www.ariabar.com.au

Iron Chef Shellie attended Afternoon Tea thanks to The Langham Hotel and Media Moguls.

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio Afternoon Tea

Comments

20 comments on “Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio Afternoon Tea
  1. leaf (the indolent cook) - March 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm

How nice to have a place to sit down to enjoy the treats from the sweet studio! (Speaking of which, it’s been awhile since my last visit…)

2. Gourmet getaways - March 12, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Oh MY GOD!!! I ahve never seen so much deliciousness in one place!! It all looks just amazing!

I will have to pay this place a visit :)

3. Gourmet getaways - March 12, 2012 at 8:17 pm

The gingerbread men on top are so cute!!

4. Daisy@Nevertoosweet - March 12, 2012 at 8:31 pm

OMG OMG so jealous that you go to before everyone else did hehe but I just emailed and booked for a table :) WOO HOO I’m SO SO SO excited! I totally agree if Darren Purchese can’t impress you…then no one can…lol I’ve had a lot of cake here in HK but still nothing quite as good as B&P! Finally get to sit down and enjoy their cakes~ I usually grab takeaway and eat it in my car hahaha

Thanks for sharing!

5. EatPlayShop - March 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm

The Langham x B&P high tea!!?? 2 of my favourite indulgences rolled into one!!!!! So envious you guys have tried it already! Awesome photos and awesome sweets!

6. April - March 13, 2012 at 11:56 am

OMG! Look at all the sugar!! I can’t say I’m surprised you ended up with a headache, especially if you tried everything, albeit halved with Agnes!

B&P Sweets are so pretty though!

7. tania@mykitchenstories - March 13, 2012 at 1:28 pm

This just looks amazing. What an incredible experience. I am in awe of that man.

8. Nic@diningwithastud - March 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Heading to Melbs next weekend. First stop, B&P!!! 😀

9. Debbie - March 14, 2012 at 10:39 am

Shellie was hoping to get there on sunday…I shall definitely have to put this on my must things to do

10. Ashley - March 14, 2012 at 10:55 am

OMG! Want to goooo! :) All the desserts just look so amazing!

11. Precious - March 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm

This makes me so hungry! All of these are mouth-watering…Thanks anyway for these awesome photos!

12. Vien @ We Dare Food - March 15, 2012 at 8:22 am

I’m already getting a sugar high from the pictures!! That is one heck of a high tea!! yum!!

13. Ronifelle - March 15, 2012 at 11:06 am

I can’t stop looking at those delicious food and I hope I can get one for me…

14. Agnes - March 15, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Heh heh. Definitely for research purposes.

15. PrudenceLee - March 15, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Wow! This is a mouth-watering food ever! I love the avocado-mint-cucumber and white chocolate combination. I will try make this on the weekend. i hope I can get it right. Gosh! I feel the hunger again.
    This food is fabulous!

16. msihua - March 15, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I wants!! Damn! kinda of lucky I didn’t end up going with you girls! Would have seriously ruined my dinner with so much sugar !!!

17. Cara @ Gourmet Chick - March 16, 2012 at 9:06 am

Looks great. B&P are actually opening up for afternoon teas on the weekend where you can sit in the shop. I am booked in for a few weeks time so will report back!

18. Winston - March 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Wao wao WAO!!! What an unbeatable duo, Langham + B&P. Spectacular event from start to finish it’s almost painful to read about since all I want to do is be right there right now. FOAHHH

19. Dawn0977 - March 22, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Looks amazing and delicious! specially the mango, milk chocolate and ginger cake . love it! Thanks for sharing this to us!