Elvis Granola

“I was looking for some healthy food inspiration on the fabulous Heidi’s blog, when I stumbled upon a picture of Elvis granola. The name caught my interest, and I followed her link over to Jenna’s blog; Eat, Live, Run for the backstory and recipe. With a small amount of peanut butter, mixed with chocolately nuggets...”

Elvis Granola

Elvis Granola

With a small amount of peanut butter, mixed with chocolately nuggets and oats, this is one filling bowl of deliciousness. Once you make it, you will have serious problems stopping eating it. I found myself just having a spoonful when I wanted something sweet, or needed something to munch on.

For breakfast I didn’t even have a full bowl, maybe just a quarter of a bowl, and it kept me full all morning, and that was with doing some light exercise and shopping.

It was my first attempt at granola, but won’t be the last, many more flavours to try!

You can find the recipe for this amazing Elvis Granola at: www.eatliverun.com/elvis-granola/

Elvis Granola

Comments

14 comments on “Elvis Granola
  1. Michelle chin - November 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm

i wonder if you can add candied bacon and dried bananas to the elvis granola….

2. Jennifer (Delicieux) - November 28, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Yum!!! Chocolate granola sounds like a delicious indulgent breakfast. This would be fantastic for Christmas morning!

3. Kyla - November 28, 2011 at 3:17 pm

hehehehe – a recipe with Elvis in the name and the post has “healthy” in the first sentence! I’ll be trying asap – sounds and looks so good.

4. Nic@diningwithastud - November 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Love granola but yeah you’re right, if you snack on it, its hard to stop haha. Love the story :)

5. Vien @ We Dare Food - November 28, 2011 at 6:36 pm

That looks good!!!! 😀 OOooohh!! I just found some Reese Peanut Butter chips!!! I could make some with them too!!!
    Yummy… Peanut butter’s my ultimate weakness….

6. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - November 28, 2011 at 7:58 pm

aww thanks for the link and sweet words, lovely :) you’re right, granola is such fun to make! & great work on the portion control, that’s the problem with granola – you only should have a small amount. Good to hear it kept you full! YUM.

7. Flower - November 28, 2011 at 11:39 pm

NICE! I love all types of muesli, granola, porridge and all those type of cereal and breakfast food hehe my friends call it ‘bird food’ but i think it’s one of the healthiest and easiest form of breakfast hehe can’t wait to try this recipe :)

8. anh@anhsfoodblog.com - November 29, 2011 at 7:56 am

what a lovely granola! (or toasted muesli :P). I think this is one winning recipe!

9. Sara (Belly Rumbles) - November 29, 2011 at 9:54 am

With Elvis in the name it caught my attention too. The granola looks a little evil with the peanut butter and chocolate but sounds completely delicious. I haven’t yet made my own granola but really want to give it a go. I think it would be so much nicer than store bought.

10. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - December 1, 2011 at 10:07 am

That looks great Shellie! I thought it might be a peanut butter and bacon granola for a second 😛

11. Winston - December 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Ohhh, YESSS… That name really caught my eye too haha! And I’m glad to read of your first attempt with granola because I for one haven’t made them before too. If it was a huge success for you, I’m sure it’ll be a huge success for me too… YAY! =D

12. Ladybird - December 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Looks delicious, and gotta love the name! Checking out the recipe now…

13. msihua - December 3, 2011 at 8:15 am

That looks so good! Can’t touch it though 😛 But I wont touch Thanh’s granola either! heh

14. Anna @The Littlest Anchovy - December 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Looks fantastic! I have never made granola and the chocolate and peanuts have enticed me to give this a crack