{Eating Out Sydney} Charlie & Co.

“Situated in the very fancy food court of the Sydney Westfield shopping centre, Charlie & Co. had been on my list since I first saw food bloggers flocking to it. Closer to my trip I was warned that it wasn’t all that good, but I still had to try it anyway. The Wagyu & Co....”

Dining | October 16, 2011
{Eating Out Sydney} Charlie & Co.

{Eating Out Sydney} Charlie & Co.

The Wagyu & Co. Burger – Dine In Price $18.00
Wagyu burger with beetroot relish, pickled gherkin, lettuce, aged cheddar and aioli on a sesame bun.

I really wanted to have the parmesan and truffle fries, and despite me ordering them we were just given normal fries. I only discovered this after my trip when I went back to look at other peoples’ blog posts and noticed my fries didn’t have grated parmesan on top. The burger itself was okay, but I found it all rather over priced and our waitress was an absolute ….. let’s just say she wasn’t very nice.

Ah well, I’m glad we tried it to know we aren’t missing out on that much!

Charlie & Co Burgers on Urbanspoon

{Eating Out Sydney} Charlie & Co.

Comments

15 comments on “{Eating Out Sydney} Charlie & Co.
  1. Simon @ the heart of food - October 16, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I miss not having Plan B around…

Shame about the truffle fries. Maybe give them a go the next time around. They’re not bad :)

2. Michelle chin - October 17, 2011 at 5:48 am

only 51 percent like this place!

3. Gourmet getaways - October 17, 2011 at 7:06 am

Oh Dear!!

That was on my list too… I will be in Sydney at the end of the month so I was going to stop in. Like you I still will try it, but thank you for the fore warning…

I noticed that Urbanspoon feedback is now only at 51% like… that says a lot too.

4. Leah - October 17, 2011 at 8:22 am

Isn’t it annoying when you have waited to try out a place, to find it is SOOO DISAPPOINTING!

5. Nic@diningwithastud - October 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I went to the Wesfield one when it first opened and loved it but then went to the one over at Opera Bar and it was pretty bad. Apparently its gone downhill which is a shame as it was great when I first went

6. Erin@TheFoodMentalist - October 17, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Thats too bad. I must admit the burger doesn’t look that special, and pity about the fries too. It’s a shame when we get bad service, it can ruin the whole experience. Sorry to hear that this part of your visit to our city wasn’t up to scratch :(

Hopefully we can improve in the burger & service department before your next visit :) xx

7. Hotly Spiced - October 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm

That is a shame. I haa heard mixed reviews and now your experience confirms it all.

8. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - October 17, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Oh what shame you didn’t get the parmesan fries! They’re definitely a highlight.

9. Winston - October 17, 2011 at 11:19 pm

HUH. I don’t care if a food is good but the waiting staff are a complete you know what… I can’t normally bring myself to pay too much for burgers cause I think that as long as you use fresh, local meat and ingredients you can’t really go wrong. Or maybe you can… Thanks for your honest review anyway! =D

10. Ashley - October 18, 2011 at 9:59 am

Aww, what? That’s a bit lame that you didn’t get the fries you asked for, truffled fries would have been awesome!

11. chopinandmysaucepan - October 18, 2011 at 10:09 am

I prefer the Federation burger, tastier and not $18 :) Still I prefer the good old hearty burgers down at Balmoral. The parmesan and truffle fries are good though.

12. msihua - October 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm

They are dead to me :) No matter how good the food is, if the service is bad, they are goneeeeeeee

13. Vee @ Munching (in) Melbourne - October 21, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Shame it’s all looks and not much beneath. One less thing for Melbournians to be envious about anyway 😉

14. Grace Lee - November 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm

WOW!Nice food!Love it all!

15. Grace Lee - November 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Hey,wait,how can i make it?I wanna make it for my family.