Arancini with Mil Lel Parmesan Cheese

“Guy Grossi has come up with some delicious recipes using Mil Lel Cheese. Mil Lel cheese is actually my normal choice for parmesan cheese when it comes to doing the shopping. I like the sharp taste of it, and the different varieties I can get it in: whole blocks, or grated. I’ve been wanting to...”

Arancini with Mil Lel Parmesan Cheese

Guy Grossi has come up with some delicious recipes using Mil Lel Cheese.

Mil Lel cheese is actually my normal choice for parmesan cheese when it comes to doing the shopping. I like the sharp taste of it, and the different varieties I can get it in: whole blocks, or grated. I’ve been wanting to try and make arancini for quite a while, but my fear of deep frying put me off. So I decided, it was time for the sake of eating something delicious to face my fears.

Whilst rolling the arancini with my hands all icky and covered in risotto mixture, I thought to myself, “I’m never going to make this again!” but after having some fun deep frying them, and then sinking my teeth into them…. I will definitely make these again. These little morsels are rich, creamy and have bags of flavour 😉

I’d recommend you give them a go, you wont regret it!

Arancini di Riso

Guy Grossi

Iron Chef Shellie received Mil Lel cheese and recipes from Two Birds Talking.

Comments

10 comments on “Arancini with Mil Lel Parmesan Cheese
  1. leaf (the indolent cook) - October 5, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Love how crispy the exterior looks and how warm and gooey the interior looks. 😀

2. Denise @ TLT - October 6, 2011 at 3:27 am

Can you believe I never made arancini before? I really love them though, so I think I’ll have to try it soon. Especially after this post, the pictures make me really crave them!

3. Leah - October 6, 2011 at 6:23 am

Oh I love a good cheesy arancini, delicious!

4. Gourmet getaways - October 6, 2011 at 8:32 am

I love Arancini! It is one of my favourite nibbly foods. These look so crispy and delicious too.

I know what you mean about deep frying, it is a little scary, I had a fire in my kitchen a few years ago when I was having a diner party. I forgot about the oil for the deep fried camembert and answered the door. Started chatting and uh ho!

5. Martyna @ WholesomeCook - October 6, 2011 at 8:59 am

I’ve never been a big fan of arancini, maybe because the first couple of times I tried them they were soggy and not nice at all. These look crunchy and ver appetising though :-) Love that recipe card too.

6. Nic@diningwithastud - October 6, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Perfect! Cripsy brown exterior and a cheese innard. Love!! I always order arancini when we go Italian but never made it. Well done :) they look fab!

7. msihua - October 6, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Ooo I love arancini! Beware that Guy Grossi doesn’t slander you for taking bad pictures of food 😛 Although he didn’t cook this, so I guess you’re safe. Beautiful pics as always :)

8. penny aka jeroxie - October 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm

oh Yum… I hate deep frying too. But this may change my mind.

9. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - October 7, 2011 at 8:23 am

Great pics, they look amazing! My dad is doing a cheese course. I’m bugging him about doing parmesan! of course he says it has to age for ages, dammit! I want some parmesan, it’s the besssssst.

10. Winston - October 8, 2011 at 6:22 pm

The satisfaction of having deep fried food makes it all worth it and all your problems go away…………..

I’m glad you overcame your fear and made these beautiful Arancinis. Definitely inspired me to get over my fear of deep-frying too! Would love to make this =)