{Eating Out Sydney} Boon Chocolates

“Hamsley and I ended to Boon after a big breakie at Bills, since it was practically around the corner. I anticipated to just buy some chocolates and take them away for later consumption, but Hamsley proclaimed “I’m going to try something small everywhere we go!”….. this was music to my food blogger ears. I couldn’t...”

Dining | September 20, 2011
{Eating Out Sydney} Boon Chocolates

{Eating Out Sydney} Boon Chocolates

I couldn’t take many photos of the place as they have a signs up saying no photography. But they have a gorgeous array of chocolates, and chocolate sculpted items, like handbags that are more pieces of art than anything! The owners are very friendly, their names escape me right now, but they helped us through the menu as we hadn’t been before, which made us really want more than just a few choccies to take home.

Hamsley wanted a hot chocolate, so I decided to join in… you know the saying…”when in Rome…”

I opted for the Grenada Connoisseur Chocolate Set: South American origin chocolate (65%) with its distinct characteristic. Flavour: floral, fruity with good top notes. My praline of choice was earl grey and boy was it amazing. I didn’t think they could get such a concentrated earl grey flavour in that little chocolate, but they did, and I wanted to consume a whole box of them straight away!

I can’t remember what Hamsley got…. shame shame on me! Both came with Boon praline and chocolate mousse which were so deliciously smooth and chocolately. Hamsley’s praline of choice was white chocolate ganache with a hint of rose.

I’d recommend anyone go here for a chocolate fix! Quality and service is top notch. It’s definitely on my places to revisit next time I’m in town. Plenty of comfortable seating upstairs, even with balcony seating available!

Boon on Urbanspoon

{Eating Out Sydney} Boon Chocolates

Comments

8 comments on “{Eating Out Sydney} Boon Chocolates
  1. Michelle chin - September 21, 2011 at 8:03 am

this looks really pretty! :)

2. Nic@diningwithastud - September 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Shame they dont allow photos but your dessert looks amazing! Loooove praline!

3. Lisa @ Blithe Moments - September 21, 2011 at 1:56 pm

You would think that they would want the publicity of photos! Still your hot chocolate, mousse and chocolate are inspiration enough.

4. Hannah - September 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Oh! I’ve never really been one for chocolate desserts but a place where there are different hot chocolates defined by the cacao origin and percentage? I think I could be convinced to go. 😛

5. Gourmet getaways - September 21, 2011 at 6:09 pm

What a good husband he is, saying he would try something everywhere! I love the Black and White image at the top of the story, gorgeous!

6. Bianca @ The Cooking Capers - September 22, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Mmm, they look delicious! Slightly annoying about the no-photo policy though! Glad you got a few sneaky ones in there 😉 hehe

7. Winston - September 24, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Ohhh I can’t believe I didn’t try that when I was there. There’s just too many amazing shops around this area. Definitely one of my fav parts of Surry Hills! Hopefully I’ll get to try this place one day =)

8. Vee @ Munching (in) Melbourne - September 25, 2011 at 11:13 am

This place is so pretty! Love the art deco on that chocolate: and yes totally agree with Hamsley, of course you MUST try something small everywhere you go! As a blogger, it’s a public service 😉