{Thermomix} Beef Stroganoff

“My Thermomix got delivered yesterday, and after a demo with some of my friends, the big question was; what do I make first?! Hamish loves his beef stroganoff, and I barely make it because it takes such a long time and I can never been bothered standing around in the kitchen slaving away to make...”

Recipes | August 29, 2011

{Thermomix} Beef Stroganoff

Hamish loves his beef stroganoff, and I barely make it because it takes such a long time and I can never been bothered standing around in the kitchen slaving away to make it. In fact, I think I’ve only made it once in the two years we have been together…. I usually wait to visit Mum and have it there. That should give you an idea of how much I can be bothered to cook one of his favourite dishes.

So beef strog was the winning recipe to christen the Thermomix in it’s new home.

Let me be honest with you. I didn’t feel like I had cooked dinner at all. By the time I brought dinner to the table I felt like I had a chef in the kitchen that did all the work for me.

I chopped an onion in 7 seconds and didn’t cry once. Usually I’m a crying mess!

I put all the ingredients into the bowl, set the temperature, time and speed and walked away. Whilst it was cooking dinner for me, I did the dishes from the day before, and a whole lot of other stuff, which I couldn’t have done if I was stuck to the stove stirring and monitoring it constantly.

Thermomix Beef Stroganoff

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
120g sour cream
1 tablespoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Fresh parsley to garnish

1. Place the onion into the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7.

2. Add butter and cook for 2 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.

3. Place remaining ingredients, except parsley into TM bowl and cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on Reverse + speed soft.

4. Garnish with parsley and serve with mashed potatoes or fettuccine.

So let me just say…. I ♥ my Thermomix!

If you live in Melbourne, and are interested in buying a Thermomix or would like to see it in action; email me at: ironchefshellie@gmail.com and I’ll put you in contact with my Thermomix consultant :)

Comments

35 comments on “{Thermomix} Beef Stroganoff
  1. Agnes - August 29, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I WANT ONE WAAAAAH.

Seriously though, I’m so excited that you own one! Can’t wait to see what else you make in that miracle machine. :)

2. Jackie - August 29, 2011 at 9:43 pm

WOAH. A thermomix?! I’ve never even heard of this… and it’s awesomely terrifying. I dunno though, I’m a bit of a traditionalist. I appreciate the ease but I also quite like to stand in front of my stove and cook!

This’d be great for young professionals on the go, though. Fascinating stuff and lovely post!

Jax x

• Iron Chef Shellie - August 29, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I thought I’d never get one as I like to cook in front of a stove too, but it can do so many more things than just cook your dinner :) Can’t wait to try them all!!

3. Celeste @ Berrytravels - August 29, 2011 at 9:51 pm

WANT WANT WANT. I want to see this baby in action first and foremost but I know the minute I do, I’m not going to let go till I own one!

4. Sophia - August 29, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Shellie OMG! I don’t usually comment but I had to when I saw the Thermomix. I’ve wanted one for a few years now and this post only solidified my desire for one. Agh I wish I could justify the cost when it’s just probably me who would use it :(

Make sure you make a whole lot more posts about this miraculous machine! <3

• Iron Chef Shellie - August 30, 2011 at 9:47 am

haha well thanks for commenting 😀 I will def be doing a lot more posts with this amazing machine! Hopefully one day you’ll own one :)

5. veggie mama - August 29, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I need to get me one of these! Love the hearts on the picture, haha

6. ThermomixBlogger Helene - August 30, 2011 at 3:33 am

Fun to watch you fall in love with your machine. I’m guessing you now feel as silly as the rest of us who kiss our Thermomix when going to bed (?!) I can really agree with your comment about how it didn’t feel like you’d been cooking dinner at all. Things really do take care of themselves and it feels more like ‘fun’ than ‘cooking’ doesn’t it?

7. GourmetGetaways - August 30, 2011 at 6:48 am

Oh dear!!!

I think this is going to be an expensive post for me to have read… Just chopping onion s alone it looks worth it, to me anyway… Not sure about hubby!

8. kristy @ ksayerphotography - August 30, 2011 at 8:09 am

Oh I am SO jealous. I would LOVE a theromix, but unfortunately my wallet would not ;P

• Iron Chef Shellie - August 30, 2011 at 9:49 am

that’s what I thought, but so far so worth it :)… plus I’m paying in installments so don’t feel it as much :)

9. Esz - August 30, 2011 at 9:11 am

Oh my…I’ve been umming and ahing about one of these babies for a long time. After seeing and tasting what it can do at Embrasse….and seeing the cult-like following it has on the interwebs.
    I saw it at the Food Show just gone and it looked a little small – do you think it makes enough for dinner plus lunches the next day?

10. Michelle chin - August 30, 2011 at 9:12 am

So did it wash itself afterwards?

11. Nic@diningwithastud - August 30, 2011 at 9:35 am

Oh. My. God! I want on SOOO bad!! So you would def say they’re worth it then ;)???

• Iron Chef Shellie - August 30, 2011 at 9:38 am

100%… plus not to mention the money I will be saving not having to buy caster sugar, icing sugar, almond meal, hazelnut meal, sauces, mayos…. etc! Can make them all so easy from the raw source instead!

12. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - August 30, 2011 at 10:14 am

Oh very cool that you have one now. If I didn’t have all of the stuff that I already do I would get one!

13. Lisa @ Blithe Moments - August 30, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Oh I want one so much. But my kitchen is tiny (and full) and my budget limited. One day, one day it will be mine but in the meantime I will just read your posts in an agony of jealousy!

14. yasmeen @ wandering spice - August 30, 2011 at 10:08 pm

MmmMmMmm stroganoff. You’re speaking my language. Haven’t had that in years and now I’m totally preoccupied.

Also intrigued by this Thermomix… should look into that!

15. msihua - September 1, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I swear I’m gonna sneak this in somehow as a wedding present!! I WANT!!!

16. penny aka jeroxie - September 1, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I want one… and I will get one… YAY!

17. Tenina - September 8, 2011 at 9:56 pm

YAY Shellie this is an awesome post about something so pedestrian…love it! Have fun with that thermie…

18. Jac - September 16, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Hi Shellie, was wondering if you know where I could get a copy of the Everyday Cooking for Every Family or either a PDF version of it cause I got my Thermomix from Malaysia and my cookbook is the Malaysian version. Thanks!

• Iron Chef Shellie - September 16, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Hi Jac!
      I don’t know of any PDF versions around, and I believe you can only buy the books from the TM consultants. My mum is actually a consultant, so if you want to order one email me : ironchefshellie@gmail.com and we can work it out from there :)

19. Ian - January 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

5 seconds on speed 7 turned my onion into water. After the redo with 4 seconds moving up to speed 5 everything was great.

20. Abbie - February 23, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Thanks for this, can’t find my cook book so you’ve saved me having to turn the house upside down before I can cook dinner!