Trip to LuxBite #40238543

“Okay, I haven’t really been to LuxBite 40238543 times, but I’ve been enough to be told I’m addicted. Well to be honest, I’d rather be addicted to LuxBite than cocaine… it’s not likely to get me in jail for starters! I dragged Hamsley down to South Yarra after his swimming lesson, and had a spontaneous...”

Dining | June 20, 2011
Trip to LuxBite #40238543

Trip to LuxBite #40238543

I dragged Hamsley down to South Yarra after his swimming lesson, and had a spontaneous catch up with Mr.C & Mr. D who joined us for a coffee. Hamsley and I were starving from swimming so we were in the market for something brunchy.

Japanese Egg Style Custard
with shitake mushrooms and spring onions $6
(with prawns + $3)

Something to warm us up, the Japanese egg style custard was perfect. Hamsley said it tasted like miso soup. It was the perfect dish to get our palettes wanting more!!

Meatbite – $19
twice cooked pork belly, bacon, Italian pork sausage, baked beans and a homemade potato rosti served cassoulet style, topped with a poached egg

Hamsley loves his meat, and if the weekend special of a beef and cheese pie didn’t come with a 20 minute warning, I’m sure he would have ordered that instead of the meatbite. It looked delicious, and he was very quiet as he shoveled it all up. One day I will order this one for myself.

Twice cooked pork belly, endive and star anise apple chutney sandwich – $9

I was in the mood for a sandwich, and pork belly won out of the selection of sandwiches on the menu. The bread was super thick and crusty, which I loved. And the filling was full of flavour. I loved the apple chutney… but I do have a weakness for anything apple.

Then of course some take home treats:

Lemon Meringue

Pining for Passion – $7.50
caramelised pineapple and passionfruit curd

The lemon meringue’s meringue was sooooo light and fluffy, like a marshmallow… LOVE!!

Both had the right amount of sweetness and tartness, in a perfectly cooked shell. The guys at LuxBite can do no wrong!

Stay tuned for many more LuxBite posts… I have photos waiting in Lightroom waiting to be edited…. and future photos to be edited 😉

LuxBite on Urbanspoon

Trip to LuxBite #40238543

Comments

21 comments on “Trip to LuxBite #40238543
  1. Ashley - June 20, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I’m so looking forward to trying out their savouries sometime! I totally wish I could visit more than I do…..want everything…!

2. Erin@TheFoodMentalist - June 20, 2011 at 11:34 pm

OMG yum!!! We so need one of those here in Sydney!!!

3. Mez - June 21, 2011 at 3:29 am

Oh lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd that toasted sandwich looks GOOD!!!

It’s 0330 and I’m getting HUNGRY!!!!

The coffee shoppe opens in 3 hours!!!

4. Michelle - June 21, 2011 at 5:42 am

I just love that place!

5. GourmetGetaways - June 21, 2011 at 8:11 am

Looks so delicious!!

I can see why you are addicted.

I made the Chawan Mushi while we had Japanese guests, it is so melt in the mouth delicious.

Beautiful pics!

6. She Wore It Well - June 21, 2011 at 8:37 am

Nom nom nom. I’m fasting for the next few weeks so back on the no sweets/meats for me. YAY for losing the extra kilos I put on…

x

7. Leah - June 21, 2011 at 8:51 am

The food looks fantastic!!

And I think your photos always look great, i would not have guessed they were taken from a phone!!!

8. ragingyoghurt - June 21, 2011 at 11:04 am

i haven’t been lucky enough to try the savories on the luxbite menu (apart from some very tasty little salty sandwiches at afternoon tea), but this post makes a very compelling argument!

9. Nic@diningwithastud - June 21, 2011 at 11:20 am

YUM! Def going to have to try this place when in Melbourne next. The meatbite made me drool a little lol

10. Keely aka The Richest Girl in Bondi - June 21, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Your picture of the lemon meringue has me hankering for that mid-afternoon snack — if only I had a LuxBite near me! So nice to hear that the lemon meringue had a nice balance between the sweet and tart, it’s often very hard to hit that nail on the head (coming from an avid LM fan).

11. Hannah - June 21, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Having just visited LuxBite myself, I must say I am 100% with you on its addictiveness. If I lived in Melbourne, oh! The wonderful times LuxBite and I would have!

P.S. That lemon meringue photo kills me. I was so sad when I arrived to find it had sold out!

12. Chanel - June 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

You’re killing me with your LuxBite posts! They look so amazing, I want to visit Melbourne again! Love the MeatBite and Pining for Passion – perfection 😀

13. Jenn Brigole - June 22, 2011 at 6:45 am

I would love to try and taste that Meatbite! Poached egg together with all that delightful ingredients is just awesome. I ought to visit here. Soon! lol

14. April @ My Food Trail - June 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm

OMG, these photos are from your phone camera??!!!!! They look so awesome, I wouldn’t have been able to tell if you didn’t mention it. I especially love the first photo!

15. Martyna (Wholesome Cook) - June 23, 2011 at 10:23 am

When in Melbourne recently we went to South Yarra for a stint of retail therapy but only drove past Luxe Bite. We must visit next time – the egg with beans and pork belly??? It will be the drawcard for the Mr. Definitely!

16. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella - June 23, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Wow I can’t believe the photos were done with your phone camera-they look great. You are too modest Shellie!

17. Thanh - June 27, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Wow, that’s from your iPhone? How did you manage to get them so clear. Did you BYO light box?