Iron Chef Shellie meets REAL IRON CHEFS!!

“This was honestly the day I thought would never come; me meeting real the Iron Chefs. The ones I loved, and still love watching on TV on a Saturday night. I really wanted to attend the Iron Chef event held at the RACV City Club, but with a price tag of nearly $500 a seat,...”

Dining | June 19, 2011
Iron Chef Shellie meets REAL IRON CHEFS!!

Iron Chef Shellie meets REAL IRON CHEFS!!

I really wanted to attend the Iron Chef event held at the RACV City Club, but with a price tag of nearly $500 a seat, I was well and truly not going. However, I was lucky enough to be invited by one of the sponsors Sensory Lab, to join the media day on Friday. Which meant I had to take the day off work, but it was SO worth it to meet some of my heroes. I made the most out of a day off in the city, hunting down a few eateries, but more on them another day.

Such an awesome experience. I was a complete nerd and wore the Iron Chef t-shirt Billy made. I still can’t believe I met them!!! They were soooo cheeky!

Iron Chef Shellie attended the Iron Chef Event 2011 media day thanks to Zilla And Brook and Sensory Lab.

Iron Chef Shellie meets REAL IRON CHEFS!!

Comments

20 comments on “Iron Chef Shellie meets REAL IRON CHEFS!!
  1. Mez - June 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm

SO cool Shellie!!!! You’re literally BEAMING in these photos, love them!! xox

2. Polyxena - June 19, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Awesome:) You look so happy! I’ll make do with the tv version.

3. leaf (the indolent cook) - June 20, 2011 at 12:51 am

How exciting, I’ve always loved watching Iron Chef! Of course taking the day off work is a must for a once-in-a-lifetime thing like this! 😀

4. Nathaniel Stockley - June 20, 2011 at 6:54 am

Great set of photos capturing the media event.

Did you manage to introduce yourself as ‘Ironchefshellie’ ?

They may have been equally as excited to meet a fellow Iron Chef.

Glad you had the opportunity to meet your heroes.

I certainly wasn’t prepared to part with $500 per head for the RACV dinner.

Cheers
    Nathaniel

• Iron Chef Shellie - June 20, 2011 at 1:59 pm

No I didn’t introduce myself as IronChefShellie! I debated if I should or not 😛

$200.. maybe but no way $500!!

5. Ashley - June 20, 2011 at 8:39 am

Wow great shots! :) Really a once in a life time experience hey? 😀

6. Leah - June 20, 2011 at 9:08 am

Im so jealous!!! I can’t believe you met my 2 favourite iron chefs.!!!

7. Adrian (Food Rehab) - June 20, 2011 at 9:54 am

Ah Ma Gaad! So worth taking the day off mama! And all that glorious food…love it.

8. muppy - June 20, 2011 at 11:24 am

haha that is so AWESOME, very lucky indeed :)

9. Fiona - June 20, 2011 at 12:27 pm

HI,

I was there too!! The Mapu dafu was soo yum, not too spicy for me either. Chen was very entertaining. Just realised when I saw your pic, that I spoke to you on the day. lol! Think you took a pic of the mapu dafu while we were standing at same table, lol I was the heavily pregnant lady! We went to the event on Saturday night too. It was truly an experience, I couldn’t enjoy all the matching wines but I made sure I enjoyed every dish!

• Iron Chef Shellie - June 20, 2011 at 1:07 pm

yes yes!! I remember you :) How lucky you went on Saturday too! Regretting not having the mapo tofu, craving it now! My friend who went on Saturday said it was the best, but by that stage I was soooo full!

10. Sarah - June 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm

So cool!!! I love iron chef!

11. Hannah - June 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I’m fairly certain his Iron Chef shirt is made of pure gold. Oh, how it shines…

12. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - June 20, 2011 at 6:56 pm

OMG so cool. & mapo tofu!! Bonus (my fav) :) Was it just incredible??

13. msihua - June 20, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Loving how in love you look in your pictures :) So happy for you :)

14. April @ My Food Trail - June 22, 2011 at 2:41 pm

So jealous but I’m so happy for that Iron Chef Shellie got to meet the real Iron Chefs!!

Did you tell them you’re Iron Chef Shellie?! :)

15. Kat (Spatula, Spoon and Saturday) - July 2, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I had pulled out my credit card to buy the ticket to this event before the little voice in my head (or possiblymy husband’s voice, who knows?’ said ‘ummm, you’re UMEMPLOYED!’

So majorly jealous.