{Launch} Mövenpick @ Westfield Doncaster

“I was lucky enough to score an invite to the launch of the new Mövenpick ice-cream kiosk at Westfield Doncaster last week. I brought along fellow blogger Cherrie, to help enjoy the VIP treatment of canapés, sparkling wine and free ice-cream…. how could she refuse? The Mövenpick kiosk is in the middle of the sleekly...”

{Launch} Mövenpick @ Westfield Doncaster

{Launch} Mövenpick @ Westfield Doncaster

The Mövenpick kiosk is in the middle of the sleekly renovated Westfield, and was exclusively roped off for the event. With live band, free flowing beverages and canapes, there were plenty of jealous shoppers wondering what was going on!

I didn’t managed to snap all the food, but everything I ate was utterly amazing… prawn and celery sandwiches, peking duck, arancini…. all … sooo… good!!

Made and imported from Switzerland, Mövenpick is one of the world’s favourite premium ice cream brands made from the finest ingredients in the world. Every Mövenpick variety contains no artificial flavourings or colours. It is apparently what you treat a girl on the first date to impress her back in Switzerland.

This new Mövenpick boutique is the first of it’s kind in Australia to be unveiled in a shopping centre complex. It makes the perfect pit stop whilst you are shopping up a storm. I know my girlfriend and I like to indulge in something after many laps of the shops, and many dollars spent.

This store is the first to have the pastry range. If it’s successful here, it will be rolled out to the other stores around Australia. I think it definietly will be successful…. I wanted to eat everything in there! It’s good when you go with a group of people, and not everyone feels like having ice-cream. But how could they resist Mövenpick ice-cream…. once you try it, you can’t go back to any old ice-cream. With it’s new café inspired lay-out, including state of the art facilites, plush lounges and modern dining areas; you can indulge in comfort.

We paused for some speeches. Peir owner of this store and one in Brisbane even treated us to his musical side and sang us a tune. The Swiss chef unfortunately didn’t treat us to a yodel :(

After speeches it was time for ice-cream!

Maple Walnut

Crème Brûlée (photo thanks to the professional photographer – my band-aid thumb modeling… he insisted he wanted my ugly hands!)

Sparkling Rose with Raspberry Sorbet (photo thanks to the professional photographer.)

Mövenpick is located :ground floor – Kiosk KG 05, Westfield Doncaster, 619 Doncaster Road (cnr Williamsons Road)

For more information, or see the available flavours, head to: www.moevenpick-icecream.com

Iron Chef Shellie attended the Mövenpick launch thanks to Pulse Communications and Mövenpick.

{Launch} Mövenpick @ Westfield Doncaster

Comments

20 comments on “{Launch} Mövenpick @ Westfield Doncaster
  1. leaf (the indolent cook) - May 31, 2011 at 12:16 am

What a delicious event. Love the look of the savoury snacks and of course all that Movenpick ice cream!

• Iron Chef Shellie - May 31, 2011 at 12:28 am

The savory stuff was just canapés for the launch. They have a delicious dessert menu though!!

2. Mez - May 31, 2011 at 12:54 am

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!!!

I will take Hamish on a date here and make him pay – HA!

3. Esz - May 31, 2011 at 7:49 am

I tried some Movenpick not too long ago. The Coles in the CBD didn’t have many flavours – but if I ever get out to Doncaster I’m keen on trying the other more exotic temptations. Yum!

4. Michelle - May 31, 2011 at 7:49 am

I haven’t had movenpick before. :)

5. Cherrie - May 31, 2011 at 9:51 am

Thanks for inviting me to the launch. I loved their ice cream and can’t wait to try their dessert range. My post will be up soon.

6. Hannah - May 31, 2011 at 10:05 am

Oooh, there are so many more flavours here than are available in supermarkets in Canberra! I’ve only had the tiramisu flavour before… off to salivate over the website 😀

7. Sarah - May 31, 2011 at 11:07 am

that icecream looks soooo good… hungry now!!

8. Leah - May 31, 2011 at 11:15 am

I will have to find this ice cream now! The creme brulee sounds amazing.

9. Ashley - May 31, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Eeee! How exciting! :) After being in Switzerland I am smitten with Movenpick once again! The desserts look delectable!

10. Lisa - May 31, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Movenpick is amazing, so delicious.

But does anyone remember a short lived icecream experiment – Drippin Dots? They were ball baring sized drops of icecream made by dripping the mixture through super frozen air. You got a cup filled with little balls of intense icecream.

I only had it once, at the Warringah Mall, before it disappeared, but for me that is the best ice-cream I’ve ever had.

11. nic@diningwithastud - May 31, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Oh. My. God! How does one get such an invite? Thats so awesome Shellie it all looks delish! Hopefully you guys will rack up your purchases so we can get it in Sydney. Pleeeeeeeease!!! :)

12. She Wore It Well Blog - May 31, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I tried M when I was in NZ last year and loved it! Haven’t been to Donny in a while.. maybe a trip is due!

x

13. Erin@TheFoodMentalist - May 31, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Wow! looks like quite the evening. I wish Sydney had a store like this :(
    You would of had to roll me out of there, happy of course!

Thanks for the post x

14. Allan - May 31, 2011 at 6:39 pm

ooo and i’m so close!!!!!!! i shall be raiding movenpick frequently!! haha

15. penny aka jeroxie - May 31, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Fabulous! Love movenpick…. it is so popular in SG so Im glad to see it here again in Melb

16. msihua - May 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Love Movenpick.. so upset that their shop in Docklands has gone :( But I remember Movenpick well.. had the handsomest German boy serve us in Dresden (Germany).. blond hair blue eyes.. and sooooo sweet (him) not ice-cream 😛

17. Sebastian Libonatti - July 20, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Congrats Peir !! I’m really happy for you. You deserve the best because you give the best of yourself and work really hard ! Movenpick Ice Cream is really missing in Canada, when will I be an owner in montreal ??….Best of luck and happy to know everyting is going great.

Sebastian

18. Linda Chan - July 21, 2011 at 11:42 am

Wow…haven’t seen such wide range of ice cream and savory stuff in Singapore yet ler….must fly to Melbourne to try! Please bring this to Singapore !