Pulled Pork – The Blithely Unaware Way

“So after my last pulled pork experience, I was super keen to try Hamish’s recipe. Not my Hamish, but Mez’s Hamish, the CHEF that works at Mopho! Mez had raved about Hamish’s recipe as I expressed my disappointment with the recipe I chose that was incredibly overspiced. So a discounted pork belly looked at me...”

Recipes | May 18, 2011
Pulled Pork – The Blithely Unaware Way

Pulled Pork – The Blithely Unaware Way

Mez had raved about Hamish’s recipe as I expressed my disappointment with the recipe I chose that was incredibly overspiced. So a discounted pork belly looked at me from the supermarket fridge, and I looked at it, and it looked and me… and before long it was in my shopping basket destined for the pot.

I was a bit doubtful that 5 litres of stock would reduce covered, so I left the lid ajar, then left it off for the last two hours, and it was ready to nom in 5.5 hours. AND it was just delicious. So incredibly juicy and tender… and SOOOOO easy to make. A little spicy for my Hamsley but when I make it again, I’ll tone down the cayenne pepper.

For the recipe, you’ll have to go to Mez’s blog: www.blithelyunaware.com/2011/03/pulled-in-delicious-directions.html

And whilst you’re there, check out some of the other delicious looking recipes!

Thanks Mez and Hamish =D

Pulled Pork – The Blithely Unaware Way

Comments

12 comments on “Pulled Pork – The Blithely Unaware Way
  1. Steph - May 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm

OMG that looks incredible! Pulled pork is so darn good, and yours looks so juicy and tender. I’m definitely going to have to try Hamish & Mez’s recipe now!

2. msihua - May 18, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Oh my.. that looks soooo super delicious!!!

3. Mez - May 19, 2011 at 2:05 am

bwaaahahahaaha thank you ladybug!!!

It looks SO good!!!

4. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - May 19, 2011 at 8:27 am

Yum! Looks beautiful. I do want to try this recipe. Perfect for winter too – comfort food central!

5. Sarah - May 19, 2011 at 12:50 pm

mmmm pork!! I keep meaning to make pulled pork – this looks so delicious

6. Susan - May 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Oh that looks amazing! I am definitely tracking down this recipe to try.

7. hollypop - May 19, 2011 at 9:53 pm

in the top pic i can see something which looks like a grub.

i gotta get some sleep XD

8. GourmetGetaways - May 21, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I will have to check out the recipe it looks absolutely amazing, YUMMY!!

9. angie - May 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm

That sure does look absolutely soft and tender, yummo~

10. penny aka jeroxie - May 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I love pulled pork. One of the easiest thing to make but tastes so damn good. Glad you tried again.

11. Conor @ Hold the Beef - May 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Pulled pork is such a visually appealing dish… you can sense the tender fall-apart-iness of the meat! Very glad you went went for Take Two!

12. Forager @ The Gourmet Forager - May 31, 2011 at 8:53 am

That looks like an amazing rendition of pulled pork – so juicy & succulent!