SBS Food Journey Festival

“SBS is my go-to channel when I’m watching cooking shows. I’ve been a long time fan of Maeve O’Meara and Food Safari, recently Adriano Zumbo’s show, Luke Ngyuen, and many others. So I was excited to apart of their first ever Food Journey Festival. It was a cultural festival, including food from all corners of...”

Dining | March 7, 2011
SBS Food Journey Festival

SBS Food Journey Festival

It was a cultural festival, including food from all corners of the globe, wine, music and fun. The festival was held inside and outside the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton, and the weather was just perfect. The atmosphere was great; there was a group of bloggers eating food from Spain, Argentina, Italy, India and America whilst soaking up the sun, as well as listening to the sounds of the Cook Islands.

A highlight was seeing Adriano Zumbo create a chocolate and balsamic raspberry tart, and seeing Maeve work her charm on stage. Other celebrities at the festival included Gabriel Gate, Tetsuya Wakuda and Costa.

So without boring you with too much text to read, here is my photo journal from the day. If you are wanting more in depth information head over to http://www.foodjourney.com.au/

The Australian made and owned range from Gourmet Morsels is bound to please just about anyone. The range includes herb and spice blends/mixes that specialise in Australian Bush and International  flavours. A large majority of their products are gluten free, and all contain no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives and no added MSG. Available from http://gourmetmorsels.com.au/shop/index.php

Thanks to the team at SBS for putting together such an awesome event and letting me attend as a guest.

SBS Food Journey Festival

Comments

18 comments on “SBS Food Journey Festival
  1. penny aka jeroxie - March 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

AWesome… I still have to write mine…. ughhh. love the last shot of the food coma victim!! hahahaha

2. Thanh - March 7, 2011 at 8:06 pm

That is a hilarious photo summary. That food blogger guy looks so professional, and food coma guy is so funny, not to get the two confused :-)

3. foodie and the chef - March 8, 2011 at 1:18 am

I’m so upset I wasn’t able to go, it looks like you had a super fun time :)

4. kristy @ ksayerphotography - March 8, 2011 at 6:17 am

Food festivals are always so much fun, looks like you had a great time!

5. Kat @CooksJournal - March 8, 2011 at 9:39 am

Thanks for the wrap up! I missed out on the festival as I was away last weekend but love to live vicariously through this post. Looked like lots of great food was on offer. Look at those chorizo!!

6. Heidi - Apples Under My Bed - March 8, 2011 at 9:42 am

So much awesomeness is one post! Mr Zumbo!! I totally should have gone to this :)

7. Jennifer (Delicieux) - March 8, 2011 at 10:23 am

Looks like such a wonderful event. I SO wished I lived in Melbourne sometimes!!

8. Honey @ honeyandsoy - March 8, 2011 at 10:47 am

Love the photo commentary, Shellie! So delicious, I have to go eat my lunch early now 😉

9. Hannah - March 8, 2011 at 11:47 am

Well… I’m now tremendously hungry, and have a craving for a bounty macaron topped with passionfruit butter perched on top of a chocolate and balsamic tart. What a fabulous day you had!

Instead, I shall eat my peanut butter bagel. Sometimes life is cruel.

10. Michelle - March 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm

My sister says that Costa reminds her of the images of Jesus

11. Cherrie - March 8, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Great photos, as usual. Love the food coma guy. btw, it was great seeing you again.

12. Adrian @ Food Rehab - March 9, 2011 at 12:59 pm

haha! diggin the zzzzzzzzzzzz shot. That was me after the event- that guy obviously couldn’t wait!

Good catching up with ya. My post is yet to come..

13. The Food Mentalist - March 9, 2011 at 6:40 pm

WOW! its great to be able to match up the photos with your tweets from the other day. Sounded like you had fun and these photos prove it! amazing shots :)
    Foodies heaven!

14. Susan - March 10, 2011 at 11:47 am

Wow all that food looks awesome. I would love to try one of those fish tacos, they look so flavourful and fresh.

15. Sandra - March 10, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Great pictures…. magnifique!!!!!
    thanks for thoses pictures and comments!!!!

16. jenius - March 11, 2011 at 11:52 am

Wow, looks like a fantastic event! Love your pics and commentary 😉

17. April @ My Food Trail - March 17, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Hahaha, the food coma guy is hilarious! Thanks for sharing the pics… now I know what I missed out on! :)