Coconut, Chocolate and Banana Muffins

“You know those bananas in your fruit bowl… the sad looking ones that you look at…. you know they are too ripe, but you don’t want to throw them out? Well it’s their lucky day! They can be combined with coconut, chocolate and muffin mix and be brought back to life again! These muffins are...”

Coconut, Chocolate and Banana Muffins

Coconut, Chocolate and Banana Muffins

These muffins are lovely and moist, and the melty bits of chocolate make for a special treat. I took some to work for morning tea and there were not complaints. Hamsley and Dad enjoyed them too! I love chocolate and banana together, but the addition of coconut is just so perfect!

Coconut, Chocolate and Banana Muffins
Taste.com.au

125g unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
3 ripe bananas, roughly chopped
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (100g) dark chocolate chips
Icing sugar, to dust

Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a 12-hole mini-muffin pan.

Process butter, caster sugar, banana, eggs and vanilla in a food processor until well combined. Place flour, coconut and chocolate in a large bowl, then fold in banana mixture.

Working in batches, place dessertspoons of mixture into pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.

Cool slightly in pan, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely. Serve dusted with icing sugar.

Makes 36 mini muffins, but i made 12 big ones.

Coconut, Chocolate and Banana Muffins

Comments

8 comments on “Coconut, Chocolate and Banana Muffins
  1. msihua - August 31, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Hmm seems to be a lot of Coconut and Chocolate action going on, on the cooking front everywhere lately… it does look good and sound tantalising!

2. kristy @ ksayerphotography - September 1, 2010 at 7:25 am

Ooh yum! I purposely buy extra bananas so that they can be made into cakes 😛

But then I also slice up ripe bananas and freeze them so that I can blend them and make banana soft serve – but the bananas rarely make it to the blender.

3. Justine - September 1, 2010 at 7:34 am

These look delicious – gotta love choc banana and coconut combination. I’m going to print the page and try them this weekend. Thanks.

4. Betty @ The Hungry Girl - September 1, 2010 at 10:39 am

Yum! These sound so good! I want one 😀

5. Hannah - September 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Even though I don’t like snow much, I can’t help loving the snowflake-dusted look of these muffins :) I might have to pull my super-ripe bananas out of the freezer for this…

6. Anna Johnston - September 1, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Yep. Agree with Hannah on this one. The super ripe bananas sitting happily in the frozen spot in the freezer might just have to come out of hybernation for this one. Thanks for sharing….

7. Honey @ honeyandsoy - September 1, 2010 at 4:48 pm

I definitely recognise the sad banana in the fruit bowl phenomenon! And I also do the same! Chucking it into a cake or muffin… they’re the best kind of bananas to use, really!

8. Conor @ HoldtheBeef - September 2, 2010 at 6:58 pm

These are a few of my favourite things 😀

My huge pile o’ overripe freezer bananas has been used up for the RSPCA bakeathon, and I find myself with no sad bananas at all! Just a sad Conor! I’ll just keep looking at these photos I guess. It’s kinda the same…. :(