Lime, Paprika and Honey Glazed Chicken

“We love chicken at our place. So any variation that sounds good, and looks good in the cookbook, I flag and hope to try one day. Bill Granger came off the bookshelf this time around, and we tried the combination of lime, paprika and honey. It was a very simple recipe to follow, and because...”

Lime, Paprika and Honey Glazed Chicken

Lime, Paprika and Honey Glazed Chicken

Bill Granger came off the bookshelf this time around, and we tried the combination of lime, paprika and honey. It was a very simple recipe to follow, and because it’s baked, I could get on with more important things, like catching up on blogging whilst it baked away. The wafts from the oven did have me wishing it would hurry up cooking so we could eat!

Served with steamed white rice and Asian greens (broccolini in our case), was just a simple but tasty meal. I love the sourness of the lime, with the sweetness of the honey.

Lime, Paprika and Honey Glazed Chicken
Bill Granger
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 teaspoons paprika
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
8 chicken legs
2 red onions, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (I used frozen and it was fine)
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons honey
125ml (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup) chicken stock
1 lime cut into thin wedges
Serve it with:
Steam rice
Asian greens (I went for broccolini)
Fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves

1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F / Gas 7).
2. Mix the flour and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Dust the chicken legs in the flour an then put in a large roasting tin with the onions. Drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 20 minutes, turning the chicken once during this time.
3. Mix together the ginger, garlic, honey and chicken stock. Pour over the chicken and add the lime wedges to the tin. Roast for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and glazed.
4. Serve with steamed rice, greens and lots of coriander leaves.

Lime, Paprika and Honey Glazed Chicken

Comments

10 comments on “Lime, Paprika and Honey Glazed Chicken
  1. Honey @ honeyandsoy - August 20, 2010 at 10:24 pm

We love chicken at our place too! Lime paprika and honey is such a yummy combo.. looks reallyyy good!

2. mademoiselle délicieuse - August 20, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Love the colour of the roasted chicken but am surprised it wasn't more orange from the paprika?

3. My restaurants Melbourne - August 21, 2010 at 10:05 am

yum that is delicious shellie, ive tried that one from bill granger too.

4. Hannah - August 21, 2010 at 10:31 am

That looks scrumdiddlyumptious! It's been a long time since I've had chicken in any form bar breasts, but the lime and honey combination seems rather appealing :)

5. Vee - A Melbourne Munchkin. - August 21, 2010 at 10:59 am

Ahh excellent. I'm always on the prowl for chicken dishes to whip up for weeknight dinners! :)

6. Adrian @ Food Rehab - August 21, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Anything with the word glazed in it…I'm ther! And this is no exception, nice! Any leftovers?

7. penny aka jeroxie - August 21, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Gosh… now you make me want to make chicken instead of lamb tomorrow night.

8. Esz - August 22, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Oh wow that looks so yummy and very simple. I like that you have a good range of practical recipes on your blog that I can do on a weeknight. 😀

9. Agnes - August 22, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Looks tasty, Shellie! 😀 I love that about baked dishes – you get to do other things while dinner is cooking.

10. Conor @ Hold the Beef - August 24, 2010 at 12:19 am

I've started eating chicken legs again lately after somehow forgetting about them for a while. Good old drumsticks, full of flavour. Great recipe and the chicken is set off perfectly with the broccolini!